CAIPIRINHA: The World Cup never tasted so good!
Posted June 16, 2014 | No Comments.
CAIPIRINHA: Enjoy a taste of Brazil!
So you didn’t make it to Brazil but found the next best place to catch the World Cup at Duffy’s! You see the sign advertising a drink that sounds a bit provocative and let’s face it hard to pronounce! Well, we are going to let you all in on our recipe. Meet the Caipirinha!
1. Gather your ingredients. You will need a cachaca which is similar liquor to rum but is made with pure sugar cane. Cachca is Brazil’s most common distilled liquor and has a very smooth taste due to the fermentation process it goes through first before it is distilled. We recommend using Leblon. Next, grab some fresh limes. Lime juice from a bottle that is sweetened just won’t cut it for this drink. Also, you will need finely granulated sugar, ice, a shaker tin, and a muddler. If you don’t have bartender products at home(who does really) use the end of a wooden spoon to muddle and a plastic cup (with a firm lid to shake) will work just fine.
2. Add and Mix. Add 4 lime wedges, 2 table spoons of sugar in your tin or cup and muddle together. It’s important we found to really get these ingredients “happy” or mixed well.
3. Ice, Ice, Baby! Measure 9 ounces of ice and add to shaker tin with all other ingredients.
4. Well, don’t forget the Leblon! Pour in 2 ounces of Leblon Cachaca into the shaker tin and shake WELL. Shake it for all ya’ got!
5. Serve and enjoy! Serve in a small cocktail glass or wine glass and top with more ice if needed. Leave all the lime in the glass for some added color and taste!